So I had purposed in my heart, made my plans, geared my self up for writing on this blog at least 3 times a week now that I'm not working this year, (posting recipes and book reviews don't count) and I find myself in the middle of October with nothing written other than FFF's. (and the book reviews). Hm...this must change! There are things swirling around in my head like the falling leaves swirling around my yard right now as the wind kicks in.....but for now....for today....I will just list my FIVE FAVES from the last week......they're just little things really...but blessings to me.....
I'm joining other bloggers by linking up with Susanne's site...how about joining in? What are you most thankful for this week??
- PUMPKIN PANCAKES: One of the grocery stores I shop at had pumpkin pancake mix on sale. I rarely make pancakes and when I do I always make from a mix as is so much quicker. To replace the eggs, I simply use ground flaxseed so my vegan daughter can eat them too. They were DELICIOUS and went so well with the turkey bacon. My husband especially appreciated them and it was a work day because now that I'm home I can treat him to a hot breakfast since I have the time! It's the little things......thankful for the taste of pumpkin this time of year.
- SWING TIME: We still have our backyard adult swing set up as the season has been so mild. We haven't even had a hard frost yet! Dave and I, after taking down a small tree and bagging TEN bags of brush, plus piling some to burn, sat together in the warm afternoon sun and just relaxed before going in the house to clean up. It's just a simple thing....sitting together...but I'm thankful for those few moments of "together time". Sounds corny? Yup. But we rarely have those moments, so that's why it makes my fave list! Here's a photo of our kindling pile for the bonfire pit.
- DATE NIGHT WITH DAUGHTER #2: Our youngest, way back in March, expressed an interest in going to see the Broadway version of "American in Paris" (we love and watch the original movie often in this house!). Well, they are on tour now in our area so Dave had bought tickets back in the spring and we went on Saturday evening. It was so much fun getting dressed up after a long day of outdoor work and homework. We loved all the ballet in the stage version, too. I'm thankful for a fun evening out with our Claire.
- LUNCH DATE: I call her my un-biological sister. We have been friends since we were born..well...since she was a preschooler and I was a baby as she is 3 years older than me. We are closely knit due to shared histories. I can't imagine my life without my friend Diane. We have been through much together and apart. We are prayer partners and can talk about anything and everything. We celebrated her 60th birthday by meeting for lunch on Sunday, about half way between our homes (she lives in Central NY in the same town we grew up in as she returned about 20 years ago). I am so thankful we are friends and sisters in Christ.
- SOAP SALE! I had to run an errand at one of the local malls and I noticed a hand soap sale at one of my very fave stores. The sale was buy 4 for $20! I chose these autumn soaps (I bought 2 of the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin) and LOVE them! I'm always thankful when there is a good sale!
|images courtesy of pinterest|
Those are just some little things that made for a nice week.
What are some things that make your list?
What is your fave scent this time of year?